For us at The Weekend Edition, the weekend is meant for sleeping in, slowing down and enjoying the little moments that bring us so much joy. At The Pop-Up Hotel, we wanted to package together a collection of refined elements to create the perfect weekend of escapism. Get excited, tell your friends – The Pop-Up Hotel is back, baby.
Thanks to our friends Patience Hodgson and John Patterson (you know them from The Grates and Southside Tea Room), one lucky reader of The Weekend Edition has the chance to win two all-inclusive tickets to Death Valley Fun Camp (that includes food, booze and all activities), plus the ultimate place to rest their heads when they are all tuckered out – The Pop-Up Hotel. The winner will be living their best life in a lush cloud-like bed swathed in luxe linens, with some snazzy grooming products to help them look like they’re not hanging out in the bush, locally made snacks to curb any midnight munchies and cool entertainment to keep them up past their bedtime. As part of this once-in-a-lifetime 24-hour experience from midday on Saturday May 26 to midday Sunday May 27 at Lake Moogerah School Camp Grounds, the winner and a guest will be treated to the likes of:
- A personal concierge for the weekend
- Three meals of campfire cooking from Jacob Knauth of Lucky Egg
- The Bucha of Byron kombucha and HRVST ST juice on tap
- Flowing beer and cider from Young Henrys
- All of the activities including zip-lining, kayaking, slip ‘n’ slide and archery
- Workshops including crafting tinsel hangings with sparkle queen Rachel Burke and pinata making with craft-based designer Kitiya Palaskas
- An evening filled with Disney karaoke and the Late Night Mess Hall Disco
- plus so much more!
This competition has now closed – subscribe to The Weekend Edition to be among the first to hear where The Pop-Up Hotel will be next!
Tickets for Death Valley Fun Camp are on sale now – head to our Event Guide for full details. Competition closes at midnight on Thursday May 10, 2018. Winners will be contacted by 12:00 pm on Friday May 11, 2018.